11.01.2015

This is Fall, according to me.

how to wear an oversized poncho

So it's November.  

And I'm a broken record.  

Everywhere I go I am completely enamored with the fall colors, and I'm freeeeezing.

Mother Nature is blowing me away with her endless rich color and texture this season, with the backdrop of endless shades of luscious green.  It's pretty remarkable.

Then last week I actually left the house to pick up my son from school with a blanket wrapped around me, it also happened to be a bright multi-colored pattern.  It was quite the site on the playground.  I started to rethink my choice but it was too late.  I am super grouchy when I'm cold.  So I owned it.  A blanket is basically a poncho anyway, right?  Well, after that moment I figured it might be time to invest in an actual poncho.  

Knowing my woes and my style - This one was suggested to me by Jenn.

Super warm, check.
Oversized, check.

This one feels super oversized but I kind of don't care, I'm just going to keep adding more layers underneath, until I thaw out in May.  May??  really??  

These jeans:  worth noting that they are amazing.  The fit, the fabric, the fading.  They haven't stretched out.  I am so over jeans costing 200+  I mean really.  I would highly suggest checking out the Resolution Skinny Flares at the Gap.  (They run small, I went up a size.)

fall layers and flares

dolce vita clogs

gap flare jeans

how to style an oversized sweater

sweater and flare jeans

free people poncho
poncho - Free People, Shopbop. avail in black here.  major sale price here!
shirt - Forever 21, old
jeans - Gap
shoes - Dolce Vita, Nordstrombrown on sale here.  more sizes here
lips - Nars in Pop life, Nordstrom
necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry

Wishing you Autumn wherever you may be.

xo,
Kirsty

like what you see?  for more daily outfits and adventures, follow my instagram, thekirstyfiles


No comments:

Post a Comment