12.11.2015

Holiday Traditions: PJ Brunch


"It's about what happens when we come together, slow down, open our homes, look into one another's faces, listen to one another's stories.  ...when we break out of the normal clockwork of daily life and pop the champagne on a cold, gray Wednesday for no other reason than the fact that the faces we love are gathered around our table.  ...This is about a family, a tribe, a little band of people who walk through it all together, up close and in the mess, real time and unvarnished."
-Shauna Niequist, Bread & Wine.


holiday cocktail


girlfriend brunch


I often dream of fabulous dinner parties and brunches, inviting my favorite people, but I never make it happen.

Most of the time, it's spontaneous, much more ordinary, but still special, because we are together.

A few rules I do try to live by, always have good cheese and chilled bubbly in the fridge and homemade cookie dough in the freezer.  But I'm often lacking the necessary planning required for an extravagant event.

So I've been reading Bread & Wine.  It's wonderful, why has it taken me so long to jump on this bandwagon?  And I'm inspired to be intentional with the woman who help me to be me, to celebrate their love and support.  First on my list, a simple PJ brunch.  

I'll serve a beautiful champagne cocktail, and keep it real by not ironing my tablecloth.

Also, if you live near a trader joes and haven't tried their frozen croissants, go there now and get them.  Set them out over night to defrost and bake in the morning.

You are welcome.  And I'm sorry.

Consider this my practice run, my good sport friend Jenn was kind enough to come over and drink champagne cocktails in her PJ's while we took pictures, and laughed at ourselves just a little bit, because you know it's totally normal to put pjs on and drink champagne on a Weds morning, and style pedestals of pretty food.  But really, why don't we do this more often??

pajama brunch
 {Both of our pjs are from Queen Anne Dispatch, they have a wonderful selection of jammies, if you live in Seattle I highly recommend a visit during the holidays, plus they ship, so bring your holiday packages in and pat yourself on the back}

pj salvage pajamas
My PJ's - PJ Salvage, Queen Anne Dispatch, also available at Nordstrom
Jenn's PJ's - PJ Salvage, Queen Anne Dispatch.
Champagne Glasses - Anthropologie
Cake stand - Williams-Sonoma, similar
Polka Dot Plates - Rosanna.  no longer avail.
Candle - Voluspa Spruce Cuttings, amazing


My goal is to invite more people to our table this season, and *gulp* in 2016, whether ordinary or extravagant, sometimes it's just the invitation that counts.

xo,
Kirsty

2 comments:

  1. PJ Brunch! This looks great. I am in love with your brunch party. Thanks for sharing these photos. We also had a fun brunch party last weekend. We visited one of the most popular brunch party venues NYC and food was quite good there.

    ReplyDelete