3.22.2016

High-waisted pants, paired with stripes and blush (While we are on the topic of stripes and borrowing)

high-waisted pants

I wore this outfit over the weekend to a fantastic blogger conference.  I had to post because I am always encouraging you all to get outside of your comfort zone.

This outfit was a stretch for me, wearing such a fitted top, which of course you can't fully see under my trench, but I did take the coat off for part of the day.   I promise to show more in an upcoming post, because the shirt is rad.  and off the shoulder.  This shirt was something I kept wishing I had in my closet, something actually fitted and not flowy - to go with all my flare and wide-leg jeans.  With some urging from fashion experts, I splurged and purchased.  I've never looked back.

These high-waisted wide-leg pants were the perfect pairing, I am in love.  They were borrowed from a very stylish friend, and well I may have to purchase my own pair after this test run.  The oversize proportion of these are tricky, but if you get it right it's major.  You want to be fitted at the smallest part of your waist and then flow out, and they have to be super long, I have platform wedge heels on that you can barely see.  A more fitted top seems to be the right accompaniment.

The top is black and white stripes and the pants are navy.  Oh yes, you can.  And the shoes are leopard print.  Forget those rules.  

curly hair

olivia palermo for nordstrom pants


navy, blush and stripes
shirt - Theory, Nordstrom
pants - Olivia Palermo for Chelsea 28, Nordstrom
trench - QA Dispatch.  old, similar
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry
lips - Nars in Poplife, Nordstrom

xo,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment