3.28.2016

That undone look.





I really want to pull off that chicly undone look.  I think maybe it's because I know that I will never truly be properly put together, perhaps it stems from learning to finally embrace my curls and stop trying to straighten them, seriously the amount of work to get the mane of mine "straight."  I once read if you discover a spot or stain on an item you are wearing, pretend it just happen.  

Duh.  I pretty much invented that one.  

Whatever the reason, I feel like this outfit accomplished what was in my head, a little undone in the best possible way, no stains, albeit a little more wrinkly than I realized - comfy chic.

I think I've got a few things working for me:

1. a great pair of distressed jeans in a relaxed fit (sometimes called girlfriend or straight leg).  They were slightly distressed when I bought them, I added a bit more.  I think every woman should have a pair of these in her closet.
2. a classic slip-on sneaker but with a twist, I love love love the slightly shimmery oyster finish with woven mesh design.  I also think a floral design or animal print would be fun here.
3.  a tailored white shirt under my sweatshirt.
4.  a bright lipstick.  it's kind of like super messy hair and a great colored lip - like you planned it that way.
5.  a great pair of earrings.  of course.




sweatshirt - Chaser Brand.  old.
blouse - Aritzia
jeans - 7 for all Mankind, Hautelook.  **current flash sale is AG Jeans thru 3/30**
sneakers - Vince.  a few avail in navy here.
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry
lips - Stila.  Ugh the best and no longer available  
purse - Marc by Marc Jacobs.  old.

I really don't think distressed jeans should cost over 200$, ridiculous.  

Besides HautelookThe Gap has been totally impressing my with their jeans as of lately.  6pm and Nordstrom Rack are great places to look for your favorite brand jeans on sale.  Search by size.  Here are a few great choices all under 100$.


best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment