This is an oldie but goodie. I love it when I reach for a shoe year after year, double high-five for a well-made purchase. These metallic oxfords in particular have stood the test of time.
Oxfords are classic, from school girl uniform to men's wear. But perhaps you are thinking boring stuffy style.
Pair your classic oxford with a tailored white shirt and super distressed jeans, that is a men's wear chic look that I can totally get behind.
Or flip it and take a super sassy oxford and pair it with a pencil skirt or denim mini-skirt and everything in between.
This season in particular I have Oxfords on my mind. There are so many great spins on this classic shoe. Here are my picks.
1. Simple in Suede. but don't mistake simple for boring. I want black overalls and a fitted turtleneck with these awesome gray suede babies.
2. Metallic is Always a Good Idea. Shiny happy shoe party. Do yourself a favor and think of shine as a neutral.
3. 90's schoolgirl without being a 90's schoolgirl. And just a little bit of Hogwarts in the best possible way. And I would for sure add lace ankle socks.
4. These are in my dreams right now. Maybe it's the chunky wood sole that makes them like a clog or the smartypants whiteness (if you follow me on instagram, you know I am having a white shoe moment.) I want my softest flannel and worn-in boyfriend jeans and these. Can you see it??
5. 1 part golf, 1 part modern hipster, 1 part oxford. Such a fun combo. Chunky sweater and favorite skinnies, no stopping this one.
Take any of the above and pair them with your go-to jeans and a tee. Hands down I think a great shoe will transform any outfit. It's an easy way to elevate your style and put some pep in your step. Oxfords are my shoe pick of the week, and apparently this is now a thing that I just decided to start.
What do you think? Which are your favorite?
Check out Jenn's post for her fall shoe favorites. Photo by Angie.
please follow along on instagram, thekirstyfiles