11.29.2016

The Beat on Subscription Boxes

Subscription boxes are all the rage, and who doesn't love a gift that keeps on giving every month.  And here's the things - these boxes have come a long way from coffee or fruitcake of the month.

Here are my favorites in a very wide range of topics, there's a box for everyone...


julep maven box

Julep Beauty Box
The Perks - it's super customizable, even to the point that you can swap out items you receive that you don't want.  Their polish is my current favorite, the colors are awesome and it has major staying power.   The best part is right now you will receive a free gift set of 12 full-size nail polishes with code FREEFALL.  That is kind of nuts.  I recently signed up for this box for myself.



art of organic box

Green Beauty Box - Art of Organics box.  I have been slowly removing chemical beauty from my life, and it's slow, so when I find something I like - I'm stoked.  Art of Organics takes the work out and just lets you try for yourself the organic, natural, non-toxic and cruelty products they like best.  Their philosophy is to offer full-size products and fewer at a time, rather than a bunch of "samples" that get lost in the shuffle.  This way you can also fully try a product before you commit.  Then all products are 15% off when you repurchase.



fair trade crate monthly subsciption box

Fair Trade Crate - Purchase with a purpose.  This box includes handmade items that are globally and fairly sourced.  The items are made by aritsans working in fair conditions who are made fair wages.  Imagine that?  The monthly boxes often support specific causes and are whimsical, practical and delightful.  Who wanted to open that up every month?



the crafter's box

The Crafter's Box - This one is completely genius.  I LOVE it!  I want the world to be more creative and find joy in creating.  And this box is legit crafts.  Check out December.  Like the kind you want to hang in your house and actually claim that you made it.  And the kicker - they are starting a crafter night subscription so you can gather 4 of your closest friends with you and craft the night away.  Who wants to do this with me?  I'll provide the bubbly.



loot crate

Geek Box - Loot Crate boasts a curated selection of the best pop culture franchises for every enthusiast group and style.  My nephew subcribes to this box and it's always a hoot to see what he receives each month.  Hoot for Loot.  ha.  Sometimes I get it sometimes I don't.  He gives this box two thumbs up.



saloon box

Saloon Box - This is my pick for curated cocktails.  I have been doing some cocktail box research and this one speaks to me the most, I love the original albeit a bit daring recipes, and how everything comes in perfect paired amounts, this one includes the right alcohol for each as well.  This one is on my list.



menswear subscription box

Menswear Box - but really it's so much more than that.  Four Five Club is smart and stylish, often with exlusive, limited collaborations.  You sign up, take a quiz about your style, and then receive 3 expertly chosen clothing items each month.


So what do you think?  Any must have that I missed?  What's your favorite box?  Tell me more.
(you can choose OpenID when leaving a comment to simplify the process)

Happy Boxing,
kirsty

Please follow along on instagram for more  thekirstyfiles

No comments:

Post a Comment