1.11.2018

The Curl Files, Changing My Ways.


curly girl method

If you follow me on instagram you may know that I have been changing up my curl routine.


And apparently y'all like my curls.  Aaaand I take a lot of selfies.  Ha!  My top 9 photos...


So I am promising to do better at sharing about my curl journey and process.

Starting today.

So why the change?
...It has been over a decade since I have changed up my go-tos when it came to my hair.  Why the change?  My curls were becoming dull and lifeless, lacking body and too tangly.  Plus I have been slowing removing chemicals from my house, now it's time to address my hair.

First step?
...The first step was a haircut, which you can read about here.   It had been 3 years, crazy!!

Next... I reached out to the curly community on instagram and I couldn't believe what I found.  So many curly girls AND new curl products.  I am so STOKED to see all these women embracing their curls, and sharing their curl journeys with the world.  I was inspired and motivated.  And some of the before and afters are Ahhhmazing.

And here we are.

My curl journey is still evolving, a work in progress.

But there are two big changes I wanted to share...
1.  discovering Bounce Curl, I am using the Shampoo, Conditioner and Light Creme Gel.  I am still trying out other styling products - I feel like my hair needs a teensy bit more hold, but I am so happy with the results from Bounce Curl.  My hair is lighter, less weighted down, softer and curlier, there just seems to be more spring.

2.  how I am applying my conditioner, run the conditioner through your hair in sections until it is completely smooth and slippery.  No more brushing, and I was previously dedicated.  I know I'm so behind, but I was using the brushing after my shower to achieve the smoothing effect that i now do in the shower with the conditioner.  I mostly use my hands in the shower but if my hair is extra dangly I have a wide tooth comb, that I GENTLY use while conditioning.  Then rinse.  And the important final step is applying my Light Creme Gel when my hair is dripping wet.  You can read more about that here.  I am a believer.

I promise to share more as I discover new products I love and ways to care for curls.  Next up I will attempt to share some of my favorite naturally curly resources that I have been compiling.

In the meantime I'd love to hear about your hair journey?  No matter what type, it is about embracing our beauty and celebrating it.

Happy Friday,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment