9.25.2017

Mom, You Were Right.











As I am embracing mom jeans to the point I want nothing else, I am feeling a new connection to my mom.  She rocked mom jeans in an era that I was convinced low waisted jeans were the end all forever.  I can imagine her smiling down with a bit of a "I told you so" smirk.

So when I opened my photos and saw my mom in my photos it was so fitting, and slightly took my breath away.  I often can't explain what it is that brings my mom to the top of my thoughts, it's a feeling.  A sweet moment filled with aching sadness.  I find that I can't stop looking at these photos, searching for more of her.

These photos once again remind me - she's in me.  And I am not sure what she would think of my shirt.  I can picture her nose scrunched up in disapproval, in a way only a mom can, and in a way a daughter sort of welcomes.  Because what's a mother daughter relationship without disagreement on what I'm wearing.  And man what I would give to have that moment again.

So mom, you were right about mom jeans.  But trust me this shirt is awesome too.  And I sure do miss you.  SO much.


shirt - Gypsy 05, Queen Anne Dispatch
jeans - Levi's.  30% off with code Friend30
shoes - Louise Et Cie, Nordstrom.
bag - Hobo c/o.  also here

thanks for reading.

best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment