1.20.2016

Close to the vest


If you follow me at all, you might notice that I tend to fall for an item and then I wear it a lot.

Some examples...
poncho and poncho{crazy deal, way better than what I paid, ugh.}
culottes and culottes
the best earrings and earrings {and you bet I'm biased.}

Which is fine in "real life" but tricky for a style blog when repetition is not the name of the game.  Variety, new content, what's new!  I get it.  I want to see that too.

And to top that off, recently we made a decision that has required more budgeting in our life, this is good.  And hard.  I love to shop.  It's my therapy, always has been.  Sounds shallow I admit, but it's true.  A far second is a great cup of fancy coffee and a treat, read more budget ugh.  But man does my mood elevate with a great pair of new shoes {jump through the roof if there were on sale - as long as it doesn't damage my shoes} or a new snuggly sweater and that pair of new jeans that fits just so right.

But I also have way more than I could ever ever need.  It's a bit ridiculous.

So let's look at this from the angle of how to reinvent and get more wear of your clothes, and just bear with me that I'm wearing a lot of the same pieces the last few months and going forward, for a bit or for more.  Like the current capsule wardrobe craze.  And mix in some re-imaging and possible updates.  Requiring us to use our imagination.




This vest is the perfect example.  I have owned it for 3 years, it has mostly sat in the back of my closet, actually it was a Christmas present from my husband that I reaallllllly wanted.  And then it wasn't what I imagined, or it was but I couldn't quite get it right, but I missed the return deadline and there was no budging with Zara.

So I kept it.  I then I schlept it to Cali, which clearly layers were not the name of the game so much in a Socal beach town.  And then I schlept it back to the Pacific Northwest.  And wouldn't you know it, it's been front and center ever since.  or is it every?

I love it layered over winter turtlenecks and sweaters.



vest - Zara, old
tunic - Queen Anne Dispatch
jeans - J Brand, Shopbop
boots - Rag & Bone, Nordstrom
lips - Nars Cruella, Nordstrom
necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry

Vests are an easy way to update an outfit and add interest.  Here are my current choices...



photos by Angie.

best,
Kirsty

3 comments:

  1. hey Kirsty, I don't mind the repeats at all- I like how you're combining favorites in new ways....and helping me to get another look at my own closet. Sometimes it's easier to imagine our own stuff when we see it on someone else first! (and yeah, there are times when sticking to your budget is key!). Thanks for the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words Roxanne! I am hoping to re-imagine a lot of my wardrobe this month for "frugal feb" we shall see how well I can post about this. Always love to hear your thoughts. xo

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words Roxanne! I am hoping to re-imagine a lot of my wardrobe this month for "frugal feb" we shall see how well I can post about this. Always love to hear your thoughts. xo

    ReplyDelete